Computer problems happen to everyone, usually when you least expect them. From setup problems, to computer crashes, to application troubles, every household with a computer has the potential to need computer repair and maintenance help.
If you have a technical background and an expert understanding of computers, a small business as a computer repair and maintenance service could be a great business idea for you.
Some of the benefits of a computer repair and maintenance business include:
- Start-up costs are minimal.
- You have a large target market -- individual computer users, small businesses and home-based businesses.
- Word of mouth referrals can grow your business rapidly.
- You can provide ongoing maintenance service for clients.
- You can work part-time or full-time, during the hours you choose.
- You can offer emergency support at a premium rate.
- You can work alone or as part of a computer repair franchise.
Potential challenges of a computer repair and maintenance service include:
- You will need to purchase and maintain your own tools and testing equipment.
- You need an exceptional knowledge of hardware, software and peripherals.
- You will have to be able to explain technical processes in non-technical terms.
- You may need training and will need to stay on top of changes in the industry.
- Your location may require that you are licensed to perform repair services.
- You may need insurance since you will be entering your clients' homes.
For more on starting a small business as a computer repair and maintenance provider:
- What It Takes to Start a Computer Repair Home Business
- How to Start a Computer Repair Business
- 10 Smart Tips That Will Help You Start and Grow Your Computer Repair Service
- Association of Computer Repair Business Owners
Photo (c) pawel_231