The Internet provides a vast amount of information. If you can quickly and efficiently navigate through that wealth of information, and essentially find a needle in a haystack, you can create a very successful business as an Internet researcher.
Some of the benefits of benefits of starting an Internet research business include:
- If you have a computer and Internet access, you have the equipment necessary to start an Internet research business.
- There are no time constraints since the Internet is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Your business can be home-based or mobile.
- You can expand your knowledge as you work.
- You can target broadly, or specialize in specific research such as market research, genealogy research, statistical research, etc.
- Your researching speed will increase as you become more familiar with online search tools and resources.
Some of the potential challenges of starting an Internet research business include:
- You may find it difficult to sell your services since it's something almost anyone can do.
- You have to be able to objectively evaluate information since not all information found on the Internet is accurate.
- You have to be especially careful to avoid plagiarism.
- You need to understand the different search operators and how to use them to find what you're looking for.
- You need to know what questions to ask your clients to get a clear understanding of what information they need.