Some people are naturally computer-savvy; some people find a challenge in everything computer-related. If you are in the first group and have extensive experience with computers and various computer software, a computer training business might be a good small business idea for you.
Here is a look at the pros and cons, as well as resources with tips for starting your computer training business.
Some of the benefits of starting a computer training business include:
- You can train clients in their homes, through local classes, or virtually via the Internet.
- You can target personal computer users, home-based business owners and even larger companies.
- You can work one-on-one with clients, or teach computer classes to groups.
- Your business can provide a broad range of training services or focus on specific software.
- You can sell training materials to bolster your services and increase your income.
- You get to use all of the latest computer equipment and software every day in your business.
Some of the potential challenges of a computer training business include:
- You must have an expert knowledge of computers, software and tools.
- The necessary software and equipment can be expensive.
- You must be a good communicator and comfortable with public speaking.
- You need to be patient and have excellent customer service skills.
- You need to stay current on computers, software and industry news.
- You may need insurance, permits and bonding if you will be working in your clients' homes.