A unique selling proposition (USP) is a statement that defines how your business, product or service is different from the competition. It's a promise you make to your customers while explaining what makes you unique. You probably know some very powerful USPs:
- Nike: Just do it.
- Bounty: The Quicker Picker-Upper
- Domino's Pizza: You get fresh, hot pizza delivered to your door in 30 minutes or less or it's free. (No longer used, but a great example!)
Writing a USP is an excellent exercise for all small business owners, and your USP can be used in a number of ways. In fact, having a solid USP can help you become more successful in business. Not convinced? Here are four reasons you should take time to write or improve your USP today:
- Your USP tells your audience why you are better than the competition.
- Your USP can help you create a memorable brand.
- Your USP gives you clarity about the value of your business, product or service.
- Your USP can help you identify your target niche.
To get started, read today's feature article that includes a tutorial on how to create a USP. Then, once yours is written, share it here.
How to Write a Unique Selling Proposition